Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stephen Chan

Yesterday Stephen Chan went to a luxury home for CRHK's new life education radio program "Life or Death - Stephen Chan 生死之交、陳志雲" that will premiere on July 18th. It was the first day Stephen started recording for the program with Connie Chan Po Chu invited as the guest. The program provides opinions from pastor Enoch Lam. Every guest who attends gets a microwave reheat bowl souvenir. The style is just like "Be My Guest"!

Stephen strongly stressed that he's not challenging TVB: "We're recording here at the luxury home, so Connie can feel at home. "Be My Guest" is a TVB program with something to eat, this CRHK program provides no meals, the most guests get is a cup of water. (Hosting a CRHK program is contradictory to TVB?) I let all companies know, at this period of time I can only do radio program, I can't do other television network program. (So when will you come back to TVB?) Still waiting for TVB to notify me." Speaking of the rumors that CRHK used a few million to invite him over to work at their radio station, Stephen denied: "No, I don't receive any pay for this program, it's voluntary. (Will you invite TVB artistes, like Amigo Chui to be guests?) This program talks about death, I hope to find guests who have lost their loved ones or maybe they once go down the death path. If TVB has artistes who fit, then I will invite. This time inviting Connie Chan is because she experienced her mother's death, I hope to ask her to share with everyone how she faced it."

After her mother Gung Fan Hang passed away, Connie has been resting all along, she expressed that her emotions have recovered a lot. Will doing this interview trigger some of her sorrow? Connie frankly said that she is emotionally prepared: "Just thinking of it makes me cry, but I won't be like the first time crying nonstop because I would think that my mother actually left this world comfortably, then I stop crying."

Asked if Connie is worried about Stephen Chan being investigated by the ICAC, she has confidence for Stephen: "I sent a SMS to him earlier, but he replied saying that I don't have to worry, so I not worrying because I know he understands what he's doing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment